- Entries officially open: 01 May 2018.
- All entries submitted during the month of May will receive a reduced rate. There after standard entry fees apply.
- Please refer to FAQ Question 11 below for the 2018 entry fees.
- Go to the 2018 Awards Info tab and click on Enter the 2018 Awards. Login with your details and then select the category or categories in which you wish to enter. Click on the category and a drop down description of that category will appear
- Each category contains an entry form, which you will be asked to download and complete (If you wish to enter the same campaign into multiple categories, you may use one entry form - refer to FAQ question 7 for more details)
- The Special Awards categories and Individual Awards have a different entry form, which requires more motivational content to support your entry
- Complete the necessary requirements, attaching any applicable links that can help support your entry
- Once you have completed your entry or entries, they can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any large files can also be sent via WeTransfer, DropBox or Google Docs
- Check this FAQ page for more tips on entering
- All work flighted between 1 May 2017 and 31 May 2018 can be entered
- Should you currently be working on a campaign that is due to go live before 15 July 2018 and you wish to enter this campaign, this will also be accepted as it falls within our final entry deadline
- Entries are open to South African agencies, corporate companies, individuals within the marketing and creative industry, and registered students
- Companies, from SMMEs to large enterprises, are all welcome
- If you are a corporate company and do not have an agency that helps with your marketing, you are also welcome to enter your own internal marketing campaigns, apps and web-sites that you may have developed and your key individual performers
Yes, you can submit a previously entered campaign – just be sure to show any significant changes in the results, reach and coverage that indicates why the entry is different this year.
- Yes, you can enter the same campaign for more than one category
- If you intend to enter a campaign into multiple categories you may use one entry form, provided that you clearly list the different categories 'that you are entering that campaign into. (you can list the categories on the entry form and highlight them)
- Be sure to show a reason as to why that campaign is relevant for each of the categories into which you wish to enter it
- Show measurable results, and provide a motivation; highlight specific results within that campaign that may differ from category to category
- Give the judges a comparison against which to measure the campaign, something that makes the entry stand out across the various categories into which it is entered
- It’s not just a case of copying and pasting the same information across multiple categories. Give it some thought!
The finalists will be announced via email and through a media release at the end of August/beginning of September 2018.
We will announce all of the winners live at the awards gala ceremony, which will be held at The Ballroom, Monte Casino - Johannesburg towards the end of September 2018
- 2018 prices will be uploaded shortly
- Contact email@example.com to book your seats
The following early bird special fees apply to all entries submitted during the month of May 2018 only:
- R850.00 per entry per category – Ex VAT (Applies to all Corporate, Agency and On-Line Media & Tools Categories)
- R950.00 per entry per category – Ex VAT (Applies to all Special Awards Categories)
All other entries submitted between 1st June - 20th July 2018 standard fees will apply. Standard fees as follows:
- R950.00 per entry per category – Ex VAT (Applies to all Corporate, Agency and On-Line Media & Tools Categories)
- R1,050.00 per entry per category – Ex VAT (Applies to all Special Awards Categories)
Once you have emailed your entries through, an invoice will be raised and sent through to you for payment.
Payment method: bank transfer EFT– account details are provided on the invoice.
The full list of the 2018 judges will be uploaded shortly to our Judges & Sponsors page.
Once all the entries have been received they are divided equally among the judging panel.
- Each judge is responsible for marking a certain number of entries and categories.
- Each entry is marked by a minimum of four judges, which helps to create a fairer weighting across the entries.
- Each entry is marked according to a set of criteria, which can vary from category to category.
- The main seven point criteria that judges mark all work against is as follows:
- Judges will also consider additional criteria specifically tailored for certain other categories - (Example the 'App Development Category' has a different set of criteria)
- Each criteria has a different score value that judges can award it.
- Once the judging is completed, the scores given to each entry are tallied up out of a possible 100 points.
- To become a finalist, entries must score a minimum of 65 points.
- Over and above the finalist benchmark, there are two additional benchmarks in place.
- The highest scoring entry within these two benchmarks determines who wins the Gold and Silver awards.
- If any of our Judges choose to enter work into the awards they will not mark any of the categories that they or their clients have entered into as per previous years.
- Yes, there is a reduced fee for the Students Award Category
- 2018 special student fee - R685.00 per entry per category - EX VAT
- Payment method: bank transfer EFT – account details are provided on the invoice
- No, student entries will be judged separately against all other student entries from across the continent
- All student work should be submitted by the school, university or college representitives rather than individual students submitting work directly.